Stuffed Zucchini Recipes
This recipe starts with zucchini, which are hollowed out, seasoned, then placed in a baking dish. These easy stuffed zucchini boats are the perfect light summer dinner!
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 links chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. italian breadcrumbs
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. shredded fontina
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken sausage and cook until seared, 6 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl and add breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, fontina, garlic, and basil.
Spoon mixture into zucchini and top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.
Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese golden, 15 minutes.