Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 small head (about 700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon currants
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 200g gluten-free buckwheat penne or spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 80ml (1/3 cup) gluten-free salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley, plus whole leaves, extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the cauliflower on the prepared tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Place the currants and balsamic in a small bowl. Set aside to soak.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following the packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and lemon rind and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the currant mixture. Cook for 1 minute. Add the chickpeas and stock and simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the spinach and stir until spinach wilts.
Add the chickpea mixture, cauliflower, parsley, lemon juice and remaining 2 tsp oil to the pasta. Toss until well combined. Season. Serve sprinkled with extra parsley.
1g Saturated fat