Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- FOR THE SALAD
- kosher salt
- 3 heads broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. toasted sliced almonds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium pot or saucepan, bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in the prepared bowl of ice water. When cool, drain florets in a colander.
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine dressing ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour over dressing. Toss until ingredients are combined and fully coated in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.