Lentil Stew Recipe Vegan
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1 lb. green lentils, picked over
- 6 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 c. packed baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
In pressure-cooker pot on medium, cook shallots and ginger in oil 5 minutes or until shallots are golden, stirring. Add coriander and cardamom; cook 1 minute, stirring. Add squash, lentils, broth and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cover, lock and bring up to pressure on high. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 12 minutes. Release pressure by using quick-release function.
Stir in spinach, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information (per serving): About 325 calories, 19 g protein, 57 g carbs, 4 g fat, 15 g fiber, 705 mg sodium.