My Grandma’s Spaghetti. Grandma Palmer has 7 children, 33 grandchildren, and I don’t know how many great grandchildren! Needless to say, this is a great recipe for our family get-togethers because you could feed an army without going over budget! It’s not the most glamorous meal in the world, but I still love it!
1 chopped onion
1 head of chopped garlic
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
½ cup of chopped basil
1 can of peeled tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
¼ cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of oregano
teaspoon of black pepper
- In a large cooking pot heat the olive oil, and cook the garlic and onion until tender (not brown).
- Add basil and mushrooms, and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil and pour in peeled tomatoes and tomato sauce. Crush any large tomato pieces then bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir the tomato paste, salt, oregano, pepper, and sugar into the mixture.
- Top your pasta with the sauce and serve with a side of garlic bread.