Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe
This easy homemade pizza recipe is great for beginners and produces a soft homemade pizza crust. This is the best pizza you'll ever try!
- QUICK HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onions finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained and pureed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- splash of red wine optional
- QUICK HOMEMADE PIZZA (12-inch)
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar divided
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- green bell pepper diced
- black olives
- turkey pepperoni
For the sauce….
Add olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and sauté until tender.
Stir in garlic and cook just until fragrant.
Stir in pureed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
Slowly stir in chicken broth.
Bring to a light boil and then reduce heat to barely a simmer.
Cook until liquid is reduced to your liking.
Taste and adjust seasoning *see note below*
To make the crust, in a small bowl or glass, add 1 teaspoon sugar to very warm water.
Stir in yeast and let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
When yeast is ready add mixture to a large bowl.
Stir in flour, salt, remaining sugar, oil, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
When dough forms, place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently with oiled hands.
Press the dough into a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Be sure to keep your hands oiled with olive oil to soften the dough and make it easier to press out.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm location for 30 minutes. (see note)
Preheat oven to 425 F.
When ready to serve, spread sauce over pizza.
Top with cheese and toppings.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust in the center of the pizza is fluffy and fully cooked.