Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
This recipe uses the traditional old-fashioned crockpot chicken and dumpling method in a savvy new way, with the best part being that it requires only a little for your time. Prepare the filling within a few minutes, put it in the crockpot, and go about your day until the timer dings.
- • One Large Diced Onion
- • One Can Cream of Vegetable Soup – Optional but Recommended
- • One Can Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 Oz)
- • A Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- • A Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- • Black Pepper and Salt To Taste
- • 4 Pieces of Boneless Chicken Breasts
- • 2 Cups of Your Favorite Chicken Broth
- • 2 Cups of Defrosted Frozen Vegetables Or Peas And Carrots Or Any Other Vegetable Of Your Choice
- • A Can of Refrigerated Biscuits for The Dumplings (If You Are Not Preparing Them from Scratch)
• Start by dicing a large onion in the crockpot and add to it the four pieces of chicken breasts.
• In the same crockpot, add the cream of vegetable soup, and then the cream of chicken soup.
• Put in a tablespoon of fresh parsley, add poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Mix the mixture well and let it cook for 3 hours, and shred the chicken with the help of a fork.
• Meanwhile, roll out the biscuits into thin slices for them to be used as dumplings. Cut a rolled-out piece into four strips, or create a shape of your liking. Put it aside.
• Once the broth is cooked, add your favourite veggies fresh or defrosted and dumplings alongside them.
• Put the lid back on and let it simmer for an hour.