Vanilla Christmas Cookie
As soon as the Christmas season starts, every household gets busy in the preparation of the festivity. Whether it is Christmas tree decoration or searching for Christmas gifts, everyone seems excited. Among the many things, the best part of Christmas for children and adults is a variety of delicious Christmas cookies. No Christmas is complete without these Christmas cookies.
You might have been following your own Christmas cookies recipes for years, but the one we are going to share today is nothing like you have ever tried. It is probably the easiest recipe, and you can make large batches within a few minutes. In addition, you can set it as a base and create versatile options. The perfect base is not always it when it comes to Christmas cookies. You need to get creative. So, if you are thinking about how to get creative with a simple Christmas cookie recipe, here are a few ideas you can try for this cookie recipe:
- Simply dust it with icing sugar. The natural flavor of vanilla will shine through, and you will love the icing sugar on it.
- You can also dip the cookies in melted chocolate. Microwave chocolate chips at the interval of 20 seconds for 2 minutes until the chocolate completely melted. Dip the cookies halfway, and you are done. You can also add sprinkles to give it a more creative look.
- You can also use cookie frosting of different colors to make it exciting and visually appealing for kids.
- Lastly, you can just do nothing. And serve the cookies plain. These Christmas cookies taste delicious with tea or coffee.
Through these simple tricks, you can turn delicious cookies into something that is a feast for the eyes as well. So, without wasting any more time, let us get to the recipe!
Christmas cookies - Vanilla Christmas Cookie
The best part of Christmas for children and adults is a variety of delicious Christmas cookies. No Christmas is complete without these Christmas cookies.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup refined sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extracts
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 small egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar. Beat using an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
Add vanilla extracts and eggs and mix well.
Add salt, baking powder, and all-purpose flour.
Fold the mixture together using a spatula and mix well until everything is combined.
Dust flour over the work surface. Scrape the mixture of the bowl and place it on the work surface.
Roll the dough using a rolling pin to a ¼ inches thickness.
Cut different shapes using a cookie cutter.
Like the baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookie shapes on it.
Preheat the oven at 350-degree F.
Place the baking tray in the oven and let the cookies bake for 10 minutes.
Once the edges turn golden brown, remove the tray and let them cook.
Once the cookies have cooled down, dust them with icing sugar.