Christmas Cake Recipe
You might find hundreds of Christmas cake recipes on the internet. You might have your personal recipe that has been going in your family for years. However, the perfect Christmas cake recipe is not only tasteful, but it is also soft, fluffy and moist cake. Although several recipes give excellent results, I personally like the one I’m sharing with you.
Believe me when I tell you that I have tried many cake recipes. And I have always struggled to find the one that gives consistent results every time I make. So, this recipe is the one I found to be the best among many. Apart from following the recipe, you also have to take care of certain things while baking the perfect cake. Furthermore, if you are planning to decorate your cake with buttercream, you need to take care of some points as well. Here are a few tips I picked up along the way that will help you decorate the perfect cake.
- The first thing to remember before applying buttercream is that you should chill the cake thoroughly. If you don’t, the buttercream won’t stick to the cake and will fall off.
- Always use a pallet knife for applying buttercream. It is fast and leaves the surface smooth.
- If you are planning on drawing images on the cake, prepare a sketch of the idea first. This way, you will know what exactly you see on the cake.
- While decorating with different colours, if you make a mistake, don’t worry about it. With the help of a small knife’s tip, you can easily remove the part, smooth the surface and start over.
Now that you have a clear idea on how to decorate the care lets head towards the base of the cake.
Christmas Cake Recipe
You might find hundreds of Christmas cake recipes on the internet! But this Christmas Cake Recipe is the most tasteful, soft, fluffy and moist cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3/4 tsp cloves powder
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp salt
In a bowl, mix water with baking soda.
In a large bowl, add flour, crushed ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and salt and mix well and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add butter and whisk using an electric mixer until it turns fluffy. Add sugar and mix for 2-3 minutes.
Add flour mixture, molasses, and baking soda mixture, and mix well.
Add eggs and mix for a minute.
Pour the mixture in three greased pans of equal sizes.
Place the six inches pans in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 35 minutes.
Take them out of the oven after performing a toothpick test.
Let them cool.
Once cool, cover them with Italian buttercream and decorate as you like.