Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Check out this easy recipe for the best chicken-stuffed peppers. Chicken stuffed peppers are an excellent alternative to the heavier ground beef versions
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. marinara
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
Preheat oven to 400º. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
Spoon mixture into halved bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
Bake until peppers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil 2 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan before serving.