Best Fruit Cake Recipe
Everyone loves fruit cake. Whether it is Christmas, a tea-party or just a simple dinner gets together. Nothing can beat a traditional fruit cake as a dessert. Although you will find many fruit cake recipes, the best fruit cake recipe is easy to make and easy to understand. The best fruit cake will have a buttery texture, will crumble in your hands, and loaded with your favorite fruits.
The reason why I love fruit cakes so much is that you can get creative with them. There are so many different types of fruits and nuts available in the market. You can create different combinations, choose any kind of fruit or nuts. No matter what you choose, the result will undoubtedly be delicious. Whatever you decide to make, here are a few quick tips you should keep in mind.
- Make sure your fruits are cooked and cooled completely. If you have a runny fruit mixture, it will ruin the consistency of the cake.
- Always mix the cake thoroughly to eliminate lumps. Having lumps will change the texture of the cake and eating it will not be pleasant.
- Always pre-heat the oven. It is a compulsion. A cake baked without pre-heated oven or in an oven that does not hot enough will not rise to perfection. Also, it will not be cooked properly.
- Lastly, never forget the toothpick test. Before taking the cake out of the oven, insert a toothpick, and take it out. Check to see if the toothpick comes out dry or not; if not, then it means the cake needs additional time in the oven. When it comes out dry, it means the cake is ready.
- If you follow this best fruit cake recipe, make sure you serve the cake the next day. It will have a better texture and flavor.
Best Fruit Cake Recipe
The best fruit cake will have a buttery texture, will crumble in your hands, and loaded with your favorite fruits. It's your turn to try Fruit Cake Recipe.
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- ¾ cup Water
- 175 g Raisins
- 175 g Cranberries
- 175 g dry plumes
- 75 g Dates
- 50 g Pecans
In a saucepan, melt butter.
Add cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, and water.
Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let it sit until completely cool.
In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly, add vanilla extract, Flour, Salt, Baking powder, Ground spices, and lemon zest and mix well.
Add the remaining nuts, cooked mixture, and combine well.
Grease an 8-inch baking pan with butter and transfer the mixture to it.
Place the pan in a pre-heated oven at 320-degree F for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Before taking the pan out, do a toothpick test to see if it is cooked thoroughly or not.
Cool the cake before serving.